Manitoba Hydro offers multiple Residential Loan options to help you upgrade your home to be more energy efficient. Both of the programs that we are involved with are affordable and convenient. For example, Manitoba Hydro adds the monthly payment onto your monthly hydro bill and there is no down payment required! In addition, we will gladly send by one of our Licensed HVAC Technicians to go over and fill out all the paperwork with you, which makes the whole process that much easier. Once it is filled out, we will submit the paperwork to Manitoba Hydro and will contact you once it’s approved to pick a date for the installation.
Home Energy Efficiency Loan
The Home Energy Efficiency Loan program, also known as HEEL, covers the following home upgrades:
- windows and doors;
- residential space heating equipment;
- geothermal and cold climate air source heat pumps;
- air leakage sealing;
- residential water heating equipment;
- electric vehicle chargers;
- solar photovoltaic systems.
Therefore, they cover up to $5,500.00 towards a High Efficiency Furnace with a term of up to 15 years! Since we are a registered program supplier with Manitoba Hydro, we can help you with this process, making it even easier and more convenient.
Energy Finance Plan
The Energy Finance Plan covers the following home upgrades:
- upgrades to electrical service entrance and panel board equipment;
- wiring circuits and associated equipment;
- natural gas piping, venting, delivery, permit costs, and taxes;
- central air conditioning systems (must have a minimum seasonal energy efficient ratio [SEER] of 13.0);
- electric/conventional natural gas water heaters (electric must meet CSA C-191 standard);
- chimney liner in conjunction with a qualifying water heater.
- electric and natural gas furnaces/boilers for seasonal, farm, and commercial customers;
- combination heating systems;
- permanently installed humidifiers (hard-wired);
- unit heaters (natural convection, forced air, or forced air infrared);
- direct vent natural gas fireplaces (built-in and free-standing);
- security lighting and fixtures when undertaking electrical and energy improvement work;
- gas pool heaters;
- permanently installed electronic air cleaners (the use of any plug-in type of power adapter is not allowed);
- permanently installed dehumidifiers (hard-wired);
- furnace UV lights;
- ERVs not rated to −25°C;
- permanently installed air purifiers (hard-wired);
- air source heat pumps for natural gas heated properties;
- radon mitigation (through a C-NRPP certified contractor).
Therefore, we provide Central Air Conditioning Systems, Electric or Gas Hot Water Heaters, Unit Heaters, Humidifiers, Air Purifiers, Dehumidifiers, and Furnace UV Lights. Similarly to the HEEL program, the Energy Finance Plan covers up to $5,000.00 towards any of this equipment with a term of up to 5 years!
We offer FREE Install estimated for Furnace or Air Conditioner Installations and can also provide Install Estimates for other equipment upon request. In addition, all of our Install Estimates are attended by a Licensed HVAC Technician who will have application forms for both programs with them. Subsequently, they can complete the application with you in your home and we will submit it to Manitoba Hydro in the office. In order to complete the application for either program, you will require the following information when our Technician arrives:
- Manitoba Hydro Account Number.
- Mortgage Holder.
- Mortgage Balance.
- Monthly Mortgage Payment.
- Fire Insurance Company and Value of Coverage.
- The Name on the Title For Their Home. All people that are on the Title for the home, MUST be home at the time of the appointment in order to sign the paperwork. If there are two people on the title and only one is able to be home, it must be scheduled when both are home.
- Source of Income and Annual Income.
Once your Loan has been approved by Manitoba Hydro, we will contact you to pick a date for your installation.